[R-pkg-devel] force revdepcheck to use local version of a dependency

Georgi Boshnakov georg|@bo@hn@kov @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Mon Sep 28 23:24:09 CEST 2020

Thanks, adding remotes to DESCRIPTION did what I was after.

For reference (including me), here is an outline of a possible workflow:

1. run revdep_check(), with many reverse dependencies something like  revdep_check(num_workers = 4)
     speeds the things up dramatically.

2, if there are  failures run   revdep_add_broken()

3. bug-fix

4. run revdep_check() or revdep_check(num_workers = 4),
     Due to 2. Above, this will run only the checks that failed the previous time. Of course this assumes that the bug-fixes didn't break things that work.

5. repeat 2. - 4.

Georgi Boshnakov