[R-pkg-devel] force revdepcheck to use local version of a dependency

Georgi Boshnakov georg|@bo@hn@kov @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Mon Sep 28 19:17:10 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am using package 'revdepcheck' to check reverse dependencies of a package and it works great. But now I have a scenario such that I wish it to use a local version of one of the dependencies of the checked package and am not able to find out how.

Some context: Package A imports package B. Package A has many reverse dependencies. I wish to check if an update to package B will break some of the reverse dependencies of A and/or repair broken reverse dependencies of A. It is obvious to update B on CRAN but this may lead unnecessarily to a number of CRAN updates.

Georgi Boshnakov