[R-pkg-devel] CRAN Windows failure due to old pandoc ?

Sat Sep 26 15:14:56 CEST 2020

I had a submission fail and bomb with this error on Windows:

  Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
  Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: WARNING
    Error(s) in re-building vignettes:
    --- re-building 'vignettefilename.Rmd' using rmarkdown
    pandoc.exe: unrecognized option `--lua-filter'
    unrecognized option `--lua-filter'
    unrecognized option `--lua-filter'
    Try pandoc.exe --help for more information.
    Error: processing vignette 'vignettefilename.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
    pandoc document conversion failed with error 2
    --- failed re-building 'vignettefilename.Rmd'

    SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:
      'vignettefilename.Rmd'

    Error: Vignette re-building failed.
    Execution halted

This looks like a host configuration problem:

  edd using rob:~$ pandoc --help | grep lua
    -L SCRIPTPATH         --lua-filter=SCRIPTPATH
  edd using rob:~$ pandoc --version | head -1
  pandoc 2.9.2.1
  edd using rob:~$

Can we expect CRAN to update its pandoc binary? Or will we have to 'for now'
rely on 'reply-all', explaining to CRAN that the failure is from their end?

As they in the press, I had reached out to CRAN but they 'have not yet
responded to requests for comments' as we know they're busy. Anybody seen
this error though?

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org