[R-pkg-devel] Still Getting an Error in Winbuilder

Adam H Sparks @d@mh@p@rk@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 17 10:00:34 CEST 2020

Hi all-
I’ve followed Nick’s thread about the error on Winbuilder with Naniar with interest, since at the same time I was having issues with GSODR, https://github.com/ropensci/GSODR <https://github.com/ropensci/GSODR> as well. I was hoping that the issue was resolved but I’m still getting the same error message that Nick reported and I experienced last month as well when submitting to Winbuilder. I get the same response both with the devel and current release tests. Today, the response has been much faster, previously it would take >24 hrs for me to get the following response.

* using log directory 'd:/RCompile/CRANguest/R-devel/GSODR.Rcheck'
* using R Under development (unstable) (2020-09-09 r79174)
* using platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64-bit)
* using session charset: ISO8859-1
* checking for file 'GSODR/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking extension type ... Package
* this is package 'GSODR' version '2.1.2'
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... ERROR
Check process probably crashed or hung up for 20 minutes ... killed
Most likely this happened in the example checks (?),
if not, ignore the following last lines of example output:

======== End of example output (where/before crash/hang up occured ?) ========
Here’s the submission URL response https://win-builder.r-project.org/4Y3Ffqcq25n1 <https://win-builder.r-project.org/4Y3Ffqcq25n1> for my latest attempt.

Is there some way to approach this that handles the issue satisfactorily? I’ve a simple bug fix update ready to go but want to be sure and check it with Winbuilder first. It it passes build tests on R HUB for Windows and Ubuntu and it passes build with no warnings, errors, or notes for me on macOS locally, as well as on GitHub actions (Windows, macOS, and Ubuntu).

With thanks,
Adam

--
Dr Adam H. Sparks
Associate Professor of Field Crops Pathology | Centre for Crop Health

https://www.adamhsparks.com/