[R-pkg-devel] fixing problems in submitted R package

Vitor Hugo Moreau vhmore@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 4 18:41:14 CEST 2020

Hello, all.

I have submitted a R package and it returns some NOTES from the automatic
checks. It is the first time I create and deposit a package so I would like
to know what to do. My package was built with Rstudio and it gave some of
these NOTES too, bby I don't know how to solve them.
These are the NOTES:

1.
The build time stamp is missing.

2.
* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
Maintainer: ‘The package maintainer <vitorhmc using ufba.br>’

"I don't even know what is wrong here, this is my professional email.
Should I just ignore it?"

3.
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... NOTE
Checking should be performed on sources prepared by ‘R CMD build’.

4.
checking R code for possible problems ... [4s/4s] NOTE

likelihood: no visible binding for global variable ‘xi’
likelihood: no visible binding for global variable ‘yi’
weibull4.fit: no visible binding for '<<-' assignment to ‘xi’
weibull4.fit: no visible binding for '<<-' assignment to ‘yi’
weibull4.fit: no visible binding for global variable ‘yi’
weibull4.fit: no visible binding for global variable ‘xi’
Undefined global functions or variables:
  xi yi

"There are two variable defined globally (xi and yi) and they are used
for some - not all - functions. Is this really a problem or can I
ignore it too?"

5.
* checking Rd files ... NOTE
prepare_Rd: likelihood.Rd:15-16: Dropping empty section \details
prepare_Rd: likelihood.Rd:25-26: Dropping empty section \note
prepare_Rd: likelihood.Rd:28-29: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: posterior.Rd:17-18: Dropping empty section \details
prepare_Rd: posterior.Rd:28-29: Dropping empty section \note
prepare_Rd: posterior.Rd:31-32: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: prior.Rd:17-18: Dropping empty section \details
prepare_Rd: prior.Rd:28-29: Dropping empty section \note
prepare_Rd: prior.Rd:31-32: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: proposalfunction.Rd:15-16: Dropping empty section \details
prepare_Rd: proposalfunction.Rd:26-27: Dropping empty section \note
prepare_Rd: proposalfunction.Rd:29-30: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: run_metropolis_MCMC.Rd:20-21: Dropping empty section \details
prepare_Rd: run_metropolis_MCMC.Rd:31-32: Dropping empty section \note
prepare_Rd: run_metropolis_MCMC.Rd:34-35: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: weibull4.Rd:37-38: Dropping empty section \seealso
prepare_Rd: weibull4.fit.Rd:57-58: Dropping empty section \seealso

"Is it a real problem to drop some empty sections in some MAN files. These
functions will not be direct used by users"

Thank you a lot and sorry for so basic questions.

Prof. Vitor Hugo Moreau, Ph.D.
Departamento de Biotecnologia
Universidade Federal da Bahia - UFBA