[R-pkg-devel] Submission to CRAN Contributed Documentation

Jakub Nowosad nowo@@d@j@kub @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 4 14:43:47 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I have tried to submit a textbook to the CRAN Contributed Documentation
(https://cran.r-project.org/other-docs.html#nenglish).

However, the instruction on how to do that are vague. The Contributed
Documentation page states "To submit, follow the submission instructions
on the CRAN main page.", however, it is impossible to upload non-R
package using the standard way (https://cran.r-project.org/submit.html).
Therefore, I decided to follow another CRAN suggestion "If this fails,
upload toftp://CRAN.R-project.org/incoming/  and send an email to
CRAN-submissions using R-project.org  <mailto:CRAN-submissions using R-project.org>
following the policy.", uploaded the PDF to CRAN incoming FTP and wrote
an email several days ago. I did not get any answers back.

Could you suggest me a proper way how to add a document to the CRAN
Contributed Documentation?

Best,

Jakub Nowosad

--