[R-pkg-devel] CRAN, API packages, Keys and tests

Rainer M Krug R@|ner @end|ng |rom krug@@de
Fri Sep 4 10:24:36 CEST 2020

I know this has been asked a few times - but I can’t find anything which might help me.

I have a package (https://github.com/rkrug/ROriginStamp) which wraps around API calls to OriginStamp (https://originstamp.com) to obtain trusted time stamps.

The package works, but the tests are the problem on remote machines.

My question is:

1) I have disabled all tests and all examples if there is no environmental variable set with the API Key - is this OK for CRAN?
2) If not, how can I make this CRAN compliant?

Thanks,

Rainer

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich