[R-pkg-devel] Help with a note

Max Turgeon M@x@Turgeon @end|ng |rom um@n|tob@@c@
Thu Sep 3 20:04:22 CEST 2020

Hi Anirban,

I don't think the issue is coming from the return statement at the end of your function. I think it's triggered by your "ifelse" statement, where you have "return" as the expression to be run if the condition isn't met.

A more idiomatic way of achieving what you're trying to do would be to use "stopifnot".

Best,

Max Turgeon
Assistant Professor
Department of Statistics
Department of Computer Science
University of Manitoba
maxturgeon.ca<http://maxturgeon.ca>

________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Anirban <bloodraven166 using gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:48 AM
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] Help with a note

Caution: This message was sent from outside the University of Manitoba.

Hi, I've one note in my package which I can't seem to resolve while
submitting to CRAN:

  New submission

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: R code for possible problems, Result: NOTE
  Possibly missing '()' after 'return' in the following functions:
    'asymptoticMemoryUsage' 'asymptoticTimings'

There are opening and closing brackets with the return statement to the
functions already. The source code can be found here:
asymptoticTimings:
https://github.com/Anirban166/testComplexity/blob/master/R/asymptoticTimings.R
asymptoticMemoryUsage:
https://github.com/Anirban166/testComplexity/blob/master/R/asymptoticMemoryUsage.R

The note seems trivial but I can't seem to get rid of it. Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Anirban