[R-pkg-devel] R CMD INSTALL -l /path/lib

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 19 14:01:50 CEST 2020

>From https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-exts.html:

> The script is run in a separate R environment containing the following
variables: R_PACKAGE_NAME (the name of the package), R_PACKAGE_SOURCE (the
path to the source directory of the package), R_PACKAGE_DIR (the path of
the target installation directory of the package), R_ARCH (the
arch-dependent part of the path, often empty), SHLIB_EXT (the extension of
shared objects) and WINDOWS (TRUE on Windows, FALSE elsewhere).

This is for `install.libs.R`, but AFAIR it is also true for `configure`. So
you need the `R_PACKAGE_DIR` env var.

Gabor