[R-pkg-devel] How do you Rd reference parallel::mclapply() so it works also on Windows?

Wed Jul 8 09:11:33 CEST 2020

    > Here's another "Non-file package-anchored link(s) ..."
    > issue.  I'd like to reference parallel::mclapply() in my
    > help pages.  With the new R-devel requirements, you have
    > to link to the file and not the topic.  However, there is
    > no cross-platform stable file reference for
    > parallel::mclapply();

    > # According to R on Linux
    >> basename(help("mclapply", package="parallel"))
    > [1] "mclapply"

    > # According to R on Windows
    >> basename(help("mclapply", package="parallel"))
    > [1] "mcdummies"

Indeed, another example, why we should move away from the
'file' instead of 'topic' (<-> \alias{.}) paradigm and requirement.

I'm optimistic we will do that soonish ...

Apropos: Today starts the virtual [useR! 2020] conference with
	 an R-core Keynote and an R-core Panel for asking
	 questions :

  https://user2020.r-project.org/program/agenda/

  https://twitter.com/useR2020stl/status/1280655009714233346?s=20

Martin