[R-pkg-devel] checking package dependencies ... ERROR

Thu Jun 25 19:31:48 CEST 2020

On 25 June 2020 at 18:59, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| On 25.06.2020 18:26, Guo, Wei (NIH/NIMH) [C] via R-package-devel wrote:
| > Dear all,
| > I have an error about R dependencies as shown above.
| > Strong dependencies not in mainstream repositories:
| >    actigraphy, r.jive, SpatioTemporal
| > actigraphy is not an R cran-package, and I downloaded it from github. How could I fix that?
|
| Get the package to a maintream repository (i.e. BioC or CRAN) or you
| cannot depend strongly on it.

This is also explained in 'Writing R Extensions'.

Packages on "non-mainstream repos" (ie CRAN, BioC) can only be used in
Suggests: which means you need to condition access to them with a test.

All very doable, and Brooke and I once spelled it out in sufficient detail
for the use case of data packages. Code packages really are the same. See

  https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2017/RJ-2017-026/index.html

for more, including how to make code in your vignette conditional and more.

Cheers, Dirk