[R-pkg-devel] [External] Re: Two packages with the same generic function

Tue Jun 23 17:23:30 CEST 2020

Yes, but I think my concern may have been bogus. WRE says that even though
the whole package is loaded, it is *not* placed on the search path. Only
exports from the package go on the search path. So if the imported generic
is not then explicitly exported, it would not be seen nor cause a conflict
with another generic of the same name that is exported.

At least that's my understanding. However, this discussion is getting too
esoteric for me, so I'm just going to shut up and leave it to folks who are
more knowledgeable. With apologies for my noise.

Bert Gunter

sticking things into it."