[R-pkg-devel] R_MAKEVARS_USER fail to pass down to sub-makes?

Jim Hester j@me@@|@he@ter @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 17 21:33:47 CEST 2020

I think the issue is likely that you seem to be using a relative path to
the R_MAKEVARS_USER file, it needs to be an absolute path as the
installation is run in a temporary directory not from the directory you
call `R CMD INSTALL` from.
I observed similar behavior to what you describe when I had the
MAKEVARS_USER file as a relative path, but using an absolute path produced
the expected result.