[R-pkg-devel] check cross-references error: Non-file package-anchored link(s)

Mon Jun 15 18:30:05 CEST 2020

On 15/06/2020 12:05 p.m., Martin Maechler wrote:

>      > I agree with almost everything you wrote, except one thing:  this isn't
>      > newly enforced, it has been enforced since the help system began.  What
>      > I think is new is that there are now tests for it.  Previously those
>      > links just wouldn't work.
>
>      > Duncan Murdoch
>
> Yes, to all... including Duncan's agreement with Gábor.
>
> Also, Duncan M earlier did mention that he had wanted to
> *change* the link-to-file behavior for these cases (when he
> wrote most of the Rd2html source code) but somehow did not get it.

Actually, I don't think I pushed for this change at the time (or at
least I didn't push much).  I just wish now that I had, because I think
it will be harder to do it now than it would have been then.

Duncan