[R-pkg-devel] how to prevent a small package from yielding a large installed size?

Mon Jun 15 16:07:41 CEST 2020

On Mon, 15 Jun 2020 11:13:21 +0000
Daniel Kelley <Dan.Kelley using Dal.Ca> wrote:

> A possible clue is that I get a large-file note on macOS, but not
> when I use rhub for test linux builds, or winbuilder for a windows
> build.  I do not have ready access to either linux or windows
> machines, to examine those builds in detail.

For what it's worth, if I build your package on Linux with R 3.6.3 and
--no-build-vignettes, it results in R/argoFloats.rdb being ~2.4M when
installed on either same Linux or R-hub's macOS "10.13.6 High Sierra,
R-release, CRAN's setup" [*]. Perhaps you would be able to find a
difference between artifacts from the R-hub installation and your own.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*]