[R-pkg-devel] [R] a question of etiquette

Tue Jun 2 17:12:20 CEST 2020

On 2 June 2020 at 10:06, R. Mark Sharp wrote:
| The GPL-2 and GPL-3 licenses are apparently sufficiently ambiguous in the legal community that some companies avoid them.

Wittgenstein:  'That whereof we cannot speak, thereof we must remain silent'

This is a mailing list of the R project. R is a GNU Project. R is licensed
under the GPL, version two or later. That has not stopped large corporations
from using R, adopting R, or starting or acquiring R related businesses.

If you have a strong urge to spread FUD about the GPL and R, could you have the
modicum of etiquette to not do it on a mailing list of the R Project?

Dirk