[R-pkg-devel] win-builder failing without informative message

Daniel Sjoberg d@n|e|d@@joberg @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jun 2 16:08:38 CEST 2020

Hello List!

I am prepping gtsummary for a new release, but I am running into a problem
with the CRAN win-builder.

The package is passing checks on my local Windows machine, another local
Windows machine, on a GitHub Actions Windows machine (
https://github.com/ddsjoberg/gtsummary/runs/729569705?check_suite_focus=true).
However I am getting this error on win-builder in `00check.log`:

Check process probably crashed or hung up for 20 minutes ... killed
Most likely this happened in the example checks (?),
if not, ignore the following last lines of example output:

======== End of example output (where/before crash/hang up occured ?) ========

link to win-builder results https://win-builder.r-project.org/SFSFeP44df58/

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this error?  The build is also passing on
macOS and Ubuntu GitHub Actions checks.

Thank you!
Daniel