[R-pkg-devel] RES: RES: MathJax for Rd files

Wed May 13 23:25:43 CEST 2020

I've added a preview_rd() function to the 'devel' version of mathjaxr:

https://github.com/wviechtb/mathjaxr

If you want to give this a try:

remotes::install_github("wviechtb/mathjaxr")
library(mathjaxr)

Then set the working dir to the root of the package you are working on. Then use:

preview_rd(Rdfile)

with the name of the Rd file given as a character string (either with or without the .Rd/.rd extension).

By default, the browser (or a new tab in your browser) should open up. But if you then make further changes to the Rd file, opening up a new tab each time is inconvenient. Use:

preview_rd(Rdfile, view=FALSE)

to prevent that (then just refresh the page in the open tab in your browser to see the updates).

One limitation: As far as I can tell, it will not be possible to load MathJax from the mathjaxr package when using preview_rd(). So, it will be loaded via the CDN, which means that you need an internet connection for equations to render.

Best,
Wolfgang