[R-pkg-devel] RES: RES: MathJax for Rd files

Tiago Olivoto t|@goo||voto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 20:30:51 CEST 2020

Thank you so much! It works!
In my example, I've created a simple helper function, preview_rd()

preview_rd <- function(rdfile){ # without '.rd'
Rd <- file.path(paste("man/", rdfile, ".rd", sep = "")) # specify the .Rd file you want to preview
outfile <- tempfile(fileext = ".html")
browseURL(tools::Rd2HTML(Rd, outfile, macros="D:/Documents/R/win-library/4.0/mathjaxr/help/macros/mathjax.Rd"))
}

I added the macros \loadmathjax and \mjsdeqn in the mgidi.R file, ran devtools::document() and then preview_rd("mgidi")
The html was rendered nicely (in my browser) and shows the equation without installing the package.
That's what I was looking for.
Thanks again!
Olivoto

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Viechtbauer, Wolfgang (SP) <wolfgang.viechtbauer using maastrichtuniversity.nl>
Enviada em: quarta-feira, 13 de maio de 2020 14:41
Para: Duncan Murdoch <murdoch.duncan using gmail.com>; tiagoolivoto using gmail.com; r-package-devel using r-project.org
Assunto: RE: [R-pkg-devel] RES: MathJax for Rd files

Thanks, Duncan. I was about to respond to suggest the same thing.

One way of getting this to work:

Sys.setenv(MATHJAXR.USECDN = "TRUE")
Rd <- file.path("<path>/<file>.Rd") # specify the .Rd file you want to preview outfile <- tempfile(fileext = ".html") browseURL(tools::Rd2HTML(Rd, outfile, macros="<path to library where mathjaxr is installed>/mathjaxr/help/macros/mathjax.Rd"))

Best,
Wolfgang