[R-pkg-devel] RES: MathJax for Rd files

Tiago Olivoto t|@goo||voto @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed May 13 16:19:39 CEST 2020

Dear Wolfgang,
Thank you so much for the awesome package
I've installed mathjaxr and it worked.
I have some more questions, with a short example bellow
I created an equation in my mgidi.R file as follows

#' \loadmathjax
#' \mjsdeqn{MGIDI_i = \sum\limits_{j = 1}^f}

And then I ran devtools::document()
The mgidi.Rd contains

\loadmathjax
\mjsdeqn{MGIDI_i = \sum\limits_{j = 1}^f}

But when I try to preview the current document as HTML, the equation is not
rendered and the help page shows
\loadmathjax \mjsdeqnMGIDI_i = \sum\limits_j = 1^f
The equation is only rendered after I install my package locally with
devtools::install(). Is this an expected behavior?

Another question is regarding more complex formulae.
I tried using
#' \loadmathjax
#' \mjsdeqn{MGID{I_i} = {\left[ {\sum\limits_{j = 1}^f {{{\left( {{F_{ij}} -
{F_j}} \right)}^2}} } \right]^{0.5}}}

Even after installing the package locally the equation is not rendered in
the html help page, which shows the tex command.
I tested the same equation with https://www.mathjax.org/#demo and it seems
to be ok.
Have I missed anything or used any code not supported by mathjaxr?
Thanks in advance
Olivoto