[R-pkg-devel] Documenting raw data

Maëlle SALMON m@e||e@@@|mon @end|ng |rom y@hoo@@e
Tue May 12 10:24:20 CEST 2020

Hello,

I don't think you have to (and shouldn't?) document raw data. However, you can use it in examples/tests/etc. using the system.file() command you mention.

But maybe you want to export the data? In that case it should be under data/.

This chapter of the R packages book might be useful <https://r-pkgs.org/data.html> (as well as <https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Data-in-packages>).

Maëlle.