[R-pkg-devel] Documentation for non-user-level objects

Sun May 10 23:35:40 CEST 2020

    If you've exported them then they are "user-level objects". You can
either remove them from the list of exported objects (edit your
NAMESPACE or change your roxygen specifications), or document them
somewhere.  One standard solution is  to use the "internal" keyword
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/32457581/how-can-i-hide-the-documentation-of-helper-functions>:
they still need to be documented, but they're not in the package index.

"Using the internal keyword removes all functions in the associated .Rd
file from the documentation index and disables some of their automated
tests. A common use case is to both export a function (using |@export|)
and marking it as internal. That way, advanced users can access a
function that new users would be confused about if they were to see it
in the index."

   Hope that's helpful; if not, feel free to give a little more
detail/clarify your situation.