[R-pkg-devel] Rmarkdown vignette yields r inline warning on windows build [EXT]

Tue May 5 16:30:11 CEST 2020

    > I progressively chopped bits out of the vignette till the
    > error stopped to identify the error.  It was being caused
    > by inline latex, where I had two %% marks.  I'm not really
    > sure why this broke things, but removing it fixed it.

"fascinating" .. yes, unfortunately, the Rmarkdown related
engines (I suspect pandoc, but haven't thought or digged about it)
are clearly not bug free.

That's been my experience quite frequently when I "exaggerate"
in my use of LaTeX "tricks" in Rmarkdown documents ..

If somebody knows where exactly such cases should be sent, it
may help improving the situation.. I'm really no expert here.

Martin