[R-pkg-devel] WARNING Files in the 'vignettes' directory but no files in 'inst/doc':

John Lawson |@w@onj@|7net @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 23 17:10:35 CEST 2020

My AQLSchemes package has a pdf vignette created with Rmarkdown. I tried to
add a vignette to my daewr package in exactly the same way, by setting the
Description file like the AQLSchemes package Description file with the
statements
Suggests: R.rsp
VignetteBuilder: R.rsp.

In both packages I put the vignette .Rmd file and output .pdf file in the
vignettes directory, and the inst directory is empty

When I run the check on the AQLSchemes  on my local machine, I see the
messages

-  preparing 'AQLSchemes':
v  checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ...
-  installing the package to build vignettes
> checking sizes of PDF files under 'inst/doc' ... NOTE
  Unable to find GhostScript executable to run checks on size reduction

0 errors v | 0 warnings v | 1 note x

and the package builds correctly with the vignette

However,  when I run the check on daewr I see the messages
-  preparing 'daewr': (665ms)
v  checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ...
-  checking for LF line-endings in source and make files and shell scripts
(894ms)
-  checking for empty or unneeded directories
   Removed empty directory 'daewr/inst'
> checking files in 'vignettes' ... WARNING
  Files in the 'vignettes' directory but no files in 'inst/doc':
    'ModelRobust.Rmd', 'ModelRobust.pdf'

0 errors v | 1 warning x | 0 notes v
Error: R CMD check found WARNINGs
Execution halted

The two packages are set up in the same way. Any insight as to why one
builds with the vignette but the other does not, would be greatly
appreciated.

Sincerely John Lawson