[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check fails on namespace load for an installed package

Paul Bailey p@u|@de@n@b@||ey @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Apr 11 00:23:59 CEST 2020

When I try to R CMD check --as-cran the EdSurvey package for submission on R-devel I get this error:

> * installing *source* package 'EdSurvey' ...
> ** using staged installation
> ** R
> ** inst
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> Error: package or namespace load failed for 'car':
> package 'car' was installed before R 4.0.0: please re-install it
> Error: package 'car' could not be loaded
> Execution halted
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'EdSurvey'
> * removing 'C:/Users/pbailey/Documents/GitHub/EdSurvey.Rcheck/EdSurvey'

So, I went into R and tried installing car, and that  appears to exit cleanly (at end of message). But then I still got the same (above) message.

I made sure the .libPath was the one in R-devel/library.

What can I do to test my package on R-devel?