[R-pkg-devel] Windows specific install error

Ryan Sartor @@rtorry @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Apr 7 23:20:20 CEST 2020

Hello everyone,

My package seems to pass all the CRAN checks for Linux but fails to install
on Windows. This is the contents of 00install.out:

* installing *source* package 'DiPALM' ...
** using staged installation
** R
** data
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'S4Vectors', details:
  call: validObject(.Object)
  error: invalid class "LLint" object: superclass "integer_OR_LLint"
not defined in the environment of the object's class
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'DiPALM'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANincoming/R-devel/lib/DiPALM'

If I understand the error, it's saying that the CRAN server cannot
load the S4Vectors package because one of classes it depends on is not
defined. I'm guessing this is a namespace issue? I've taken a few
shots at adding directives to my NAMESPACE file but obviously I don't
know what I'm doing or maybe the error has nothing to do with my
package namespace.

Thank you!