[R-pkg-devel] 'S4Vectors' Error - Bioconductor dependencies

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 31 17:58:02 CEST 2020

I guess this is in R-4-0-0 alpha or R-devel, and is due to a change in the methods package. This is because a serialized object in S4Vectors needs to be re-created, and is likely because package(s) need to be updated. If this is your own machine, then you could make sure that

  BiocManager::valid()

returns TRUE and / or update all packages to the most recent available

  BiocManager::install(ask = FALSE)

I'm not sure about CRAN, but am confident that it will eventually clear itself up... (not much comfort, I know...)

Martin Morgan