[R-pkg-devel] OpenMP variable not specified in enclosing 'parallel'

Emil Sjørup em||@joerup @end|ng |rom ||ve@dk
Mon Mar 23 15:29:20 CET 2020

Hi,

I am getting an error message during pre-checks when I upload a new
version of my package to CRAN, and I need help.

See:
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/DriftBurstHypothesis_0.3.0.1_20200322_134148/Debian/00install.out

The package installs just fine on windows, and on my system.

It seems to me that the message tells me that I have an undeclared
variable in the parallel setup.

So, if I add the variable to the shared variables in the setup, I get
the following error message:

error: ‘iMaxLag’ is predetermined ‘shared’ for ‘shared’

Passing the variable to the private variable in the setup doesn't work
either.

Am I misunderstanding the error or is something weird going on?

For the interested, the source being uploaded can be found in:

ftp://cran.r-project.org/incoming/archive/

under DriftBurstHypothesis_0.3.0.1.tar.gz

Best,

Emil