[R-pkg-devel] Strange leftovers after check by CRAN

Rainer M Krug R@|ner @end|ng |rom krug@@de
Thu Mar 19 18:23:17 CET 2020

> On 19 Mar 2020, at 17:45, Kevin Ushey <kevinushey using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FWIW if I search for calibre_4.99.4 I see that it's a package on the
> Debian repositories (a packaged copy of https://calibre-ebook.com/ it
> seems?) so it seems like something is intentionally or unintentionally
> trying to download and use that.

OK - that explains, why I not seeing the detritus on my Mac.

> The only hint I see is that Bookdown does support calibre as an output.

I have no package book down installed on my system, wherefore dmdScheme does not depend on it.

> As an aside, I'm not sure if that's a typo but you're missing a
> leading underscore in the envvar:
>
> _R_CHECK_THINGS_IN_CHECK_DIR_=true

Might be - but I tried it with the _ and also no detritus (see above).

I don’t feel like installing a virtual machine / docker to follow this up.

OK.

Thanks,

Rainer