[R-pkg-devel] packaging biosig for R

Sun Mar 15 20:41:07 CET 2020

I am just a lurker (not representing CRAN) but I am having a hard time understanding your question.

Binary packages are a convenience for users, not a method for submitting packages. When you have an R package accepted it is accepted in source format.
If it doesn't exclude support for Windows or MacOSX then it will (in time) be compiled into a binary form for distribution in addition to being distributed is source form.

As the maintainer, your responsibility is merely to confirm that your source package is properly configured to be built in binary form before you submit it to CRAN. This is normally accomplished by successfully building it as binary in a testing environment. There are various guides out there that can be helpful in accomplishing this, e.g. [1].

[1] https://kbroman.org/pkg_primer/pages/cran.html