[R-pkg-devel] package daewr does not pass incoming checks automatically

John Lawson |@w@onj@|7net @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 10 17:48:04 CET 2020

The package daewr contains the data sets and functions shown in the book
"Design and Analysis of Experiments with R" published by CRC press. It has
been on CRAN since the book was first published in 2015.  Recently I
included a new function, but have not been able to include the modified
package on CRAN.

I get the message from Debian:

* DONE

Current CRAN status: WARN: 1, OK: 12
See: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_daewr.html>

Version: 1.1-8
Check: package dependencies, Result: WARNING
  Requires orphaned package: ‘BsMD’
See: <https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-devel-linux-x86_64-fedora-clang/daewr-00check.html>

I do not get this warning from the Windows:

Although the package BsMD is orphaned, it is still available on CRAN and
all examples in the book that use functions in daewr that call functions
from BsMD work as they always have. The new function I have added does not
require BsMD. Is there any way I can upload my modified package to CRAN so
that the new function is available?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Lawson