[R-pkg-devel] Package in 'sugests' archived

Mon Mar 9 12:43:35 CET 2020

  I would ask the CRAN maintainers (cran using r-project.org).  I would guess
they will want a new submission.  The full text of the repository policy is

> Submitting updates should be done responsibly and with respect for the
volunteers’ time. Once a package is established (which may take several
rounds), “no more than every 1–2 months” seems appropriate.

  which IMO clearly leaves wiggle room for this kind of special situation.

  General advice for that the future is that you should make sure that
all package machinery that uses Suggested package should run
*conditionally* ("if requireNamespace(prospectr) { ... }") so that it
will work correctly even if the package is missing/unavailable: see
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Suggested-packages

  Ben Bolker