[R-pkg-devel] First R package, want to release to CRAN, have some questions about R CMD check and README.md

Sun Mar 8 00:32:19 CET 2020

My opinion is that vignettes make or break the uptake of a package... but they are not mandatory.

I like to have a 'dev' directory where I keep meta-files like README.Rmd... of course that gets listed in .Rbuildignore also.

I don't know about oysteR.Rmd. There are approved ways to have vignettes compiled as part of your package, but AFAIK that is not required.