[R-pkg-devel] First R package, want to release to CRAN, have some questions about R CMD check and README.md

Sat Mar 7 23:55:28 CET 2020

README.md is a github convention... do not try to treat it like part of the R package documentation. Instead, list it in your .Rbuildignore file and use it to inform developers how to change the package and to direct (potential) users browsing the GitHub repo to read the more conventional R documentation of vignettes.