[R-pkg-devel] Help on Windows CRAN Check

John Lawson |@w@onj@|7net @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 6 04:34:00 CET 2020

I see this error on windows CRAN Check

--- failure: the condition has length > 1 ---
 --- srcref ---
:
 --- package (from environment) ---
daewr
 --- call from context ---
ihstep(y, x, m, c)
 --- call from argument ---
if (t1 == "I" & t2 == "(") {
    iquad = TRUE
}

t1 and t2 are both characters of length 1, therefore I assume they are
scalars. The check on my own computer or R forge gives no errors. When
I change if(t1 == "I" & t2 =="(") {iquad=TRUE} to

if(t1 == "I" && t2 =="(") {iquad=TRUE}

I get the following error when I try the check on my own computer

 ----------- FAILURE REPORT --------------
 --- failure: length > 1 in coercion to logical ---
 --- srcref ---
:
 --- package (from environment) ---
daewr
 --- call from context ---
ihstep(y, x, m, c)
 --- call from argument ---
t1 == "I" && t2 == "("
 --- R stacktrace ---
where 1: ihstep(y, x, m, c)
where 2: eval(expr, pf)
where 3: eval(expr, pf)
where 4: withVisible(eval(expr, pf))
where 5: evalVis(expr)
where 6: capture.output(res <- ihstep(y, x, m, c))
where 7: withCallingHandlers(expr, warning = function(w)
invokeRestart("muffleWarning"))

I am not sure what this means. Using one &, I am able to check and
build the package on my computer or R forge but not on CRAN. When
using two && I can't check and build on my own computer. Any advice on
what to do would be greatly appreciated.

John Lawson