[R-pkg-devel] Winbuilder queues jammed again?

brodie gaslam brod|e@g@@|@m @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Fri Mar 6 00:32:35 CET 2020

You can also just paste the ftp link into your browser.

On Thursday, March 5, 2020, 6:31:03 PM EST, Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> wrote:

On 6/03/20 11:41 am, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:

> 1. I'd guess it helps Uwe a bit you clarify exactly which queue you
> think is stuck - otherwise he has to check them all. They're independent.

Yeah.  Sorry.  It's the R-release queue.

> 2. You can look at the different win-builder queues yourself via ftp,
> see https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-package-devel/2020q1/005098.html

That could be useful information, but when I tried just now I could not
get curl to work:

> curl -s ftp://win-builder.r-project.org/R-release/
> curl: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by curl)
> curl: relocation error: curl: symbol curl_mime_headers version CURL_OPENSSL_4 not defined in file libcurl.so.4 with link time reference

I then tried

    sudo apt update
    sudo apt upgrade
    sudo apt install curl

according to some instructions that I found on the web.  It told me "

> curl is already the newest version (7.58.0-2ubuntu3.8).
> 0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade.

I then did

curl --version

and got

> curl: /usr/local/lib/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by curl)
> curl: relocation error: curl: symbol curl_mime_headers version CURL_OPENSSL_4 not defined in file libcurl.so.4 with link time reference

I've Googled about a bit and found various references, but nothing that
I could understand or use.

I don't understand what's going on/wrong.  Nor do I understand why the
Computer Gods hate me! :-)

cheers,

Rolf

--