[R-pkg-devel] [FORGED] Re: win-builder down?

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Sun Mar 1 19:38:54 CET 2020

On 01.03.2020 00:12, Rolf Turner wrote:

> On 1/03/20 11:44 am, Max Kuhn wrote:
>
>> On February 29, 2020 at 5:06:35 PM, Rolf Turner
>> (r.turner using auckland.ac.nz <mailto:r.turner using auckland.ac.nz>) wrote:

>>> Me too. Submitted a package about 18 hours ago, and so far not a
>>> sausage. Although it's churlish to complain, one gets used to a service
>>> that has been provided and gets annoyed when the service disappears.
>>
>> True, but it would be unnecessary if `R CMD check —as-cran` did
>> exactly the same thing as win-builder (as well as the extra, informal
>> checks done on a first submission).
>
> Not entirely true.  The package that I am currently trying to get built
> is for use by some consulting clients and is not (yet) for public
> release.  So I can't/don't submit it to CRAN so as to get a Windoze
> binary that way.
>
> cheers,
>
> Rolf
>
> P.S. I note that the winbuilder web site says:
>
>>  Please do not upload Bioconductor packages or CRAN packages.
>>  Both Bioconductor and CRAN do have build systems ....
>
> I presume that this exhortation is of some antiquity and is "no longer
> operative".

Indeed, as people also use winbuilder for the check results these days,
I will remove that sentence.

The queues were stuck due to some processes that the watchdog was not
able to kill entirely. Now oen and rnnign again.

Best,
Uwe Ligges