[R-pkg-devel] [FORGED] Re: win-builder down?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Mar 1 02:28:13 CET 2020

FYI, in past when queues got stuck, Uwe told me it's often a package that
launches an external process (e.g. java.exe) that doesn't terminate and
prevents R CMD check from terminating/timing out. He got watchdogs to kill
such stray events but there are false negatives.

A couple of weeks ago I proposed to add a placeholder for the package
currently tested and Uwe said he might look into it, e.g.

$ curl ftp://win-builder.r-project.org/R-devel/
02-05-20  03:10PM              2359737 bayestestR_0.5.2.tar.gz
02-05-20  11:42AM                          0
some.pkg_0.0.1.tar.gz-PROCESSING
02-05-20  11:56AM              5053108 catdata_1.2.2.tar.gz

Even if it doesn't solve the problem, it'll communicate to "us" that
something is stuck and what it is.

Anyway, we can help out by reporting (like this) when a queue look stuck.
Then I think it helps to clarify which queue/builder is stuck.

Henrik