[R-pkg-devel] Solution to function name duplication problem

sierr@stew m@iii@g oii mi@dspri@g@com sierr@stew m@iii@g oii mi@dspri@g@com
Sun Feb 9 18:06:30 CET 2020

Last week I asked for help with a function name duplication problem.  I had
renamed the project and renamed the functions in the project.  Example:
needed mvn() from the package MVN, but mvn() is also in thle package mgcv,
from which I needed a different function.  Using importFrom, or including
the package only under IMPORT: in DESCRIPTION and package::function() in the
code did not solve the problem.  The initial project was listed in the set
of files under the Packages tab.  Deleting it solved the problem.