[R-pkg-devel] new package processing time

Tue Feb 4 15:28:15 CET 2020

On 04/02/2020 9:15 a.m., Marcelo Araya Salas wrote:
> Thanks
>
> I found it here:
>
> ftp://cran.r-project.org/incoming/archive/
>
> not sure what that's suppose to mean

That generally means that it has been rejected.  The usual sequence of
events is:

You submit it, and an email comes to the maintainer asking for
confirmation of the submission.  If that confirmation doesn't come, it
could end up in archive.

Then CRAN runs automatic tests on Windows and Debian.  If those have
sufficiently severe issues (I don't know what the exact cutoff is, but
certainly ERRORs are severe enough, and probably WARNINGs too) then an
email is sent to the maintainer, and it is moved to archive.  The last
time I got one of those emails the header had