[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: LICENSE file in package including third party library

GD gd@dev @end|ng |rom ||bertym@||@net
Tue Feb 4 15:04:52 CET 2020

Hi,

I have a very specific question regarding the licensing of my R package.

Here is the details: I have an R package under the MIT license so the
DESCRIPTION file contains the field `License: MIT + file LICENSE` and
the LICENSE file contains the following required fields:

```
YEAR: yyyy
COPYRIGHT HOLDER: xx
```

My problem is that my package includes a third party C++ library also
under MIT license but with different copyright holder and year
information (available in its own LICENSE file shipped with the library).

How can I edit the LICENSE file of my package to have both copyright
information? Am I supposed to merge them without specifying that I
developed one package and only included another lib?

For instance, the package RcppEigen (which has a similar structure with
an included third party C++ lib) specifies the different copyrights in
the LICENSE file (but the license is different and not MIT, thus the
requirement regarding the LICENSE file is not the same).

Thanks in advanced,
Best regards,

--
Ghislain Durif