[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: Placement of cran-comments.md file

Wed Jan 29 03:20:37 CET 2020

On 28 January 2020 at 19:47, EcoC2S - Irucka Embry wrote:
| Hi everyone, I am receiving the following NOTE when checking my package
| 'iemisc':
|
| * checking top-level files ... NOTE
| Non-standard file/directory found at top level:
|    'cran-comments.md'
|
| Will someone please tell me the correct location of cran-comments.md?

It is just like the message says: it is a non-standard file.

Meaning it is not described anywhere in 'Writing R Extensions' which is the
only manual that _really_ counts. So it should not be in the .tar.gz.

The manual also shows how to exclude files in your build directory from the
resulting tar.gz: mention them in .Rbuildignore.  So you could do

   echo "cran-comments.md" >> .Rbuildignore

or edit the file by hand.

Dirk