[R-pkg-devel] Alternatives to R-devel on a Mac for package checking?

Wed Jan 22 15:35:37 CET 2020

Just to close one loop here:

On 15 January 2020 at 16:53, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| Rocker should be building weekly r-devel and drd (similar, was meant to be a
| littler "lighter", effectively the same) images.
|
| As Merlise noticed, somehow the cronjob push to the Docker Hub build service
| started to fail -- this sadly happens once in a while so I manually triggered
| a rebuild. They should be good now for 'R 4.0.0 to be'. Remember to invoke it
| as 'RD' (for R-Devel) in the image, there is also an r-release as just 'R'.

And the actual cron(tab)-based invocation has been refreshed with updated
URLs so until docker changes their endpoints the Rocker images

   r-devel           (R-devel build accessible via 'RD' entry)
   drd               (same, a little lighter, once meant to be daily but isn't)
   drp               (ditto for R-patched)

should now again be rebuilt each weekend.

Best regards,  Dirk