[R-pkg-devel] How to provide a finalized PDF file in a package?

Henrik Bengtsson henr|k@bengt@@on @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Jan 21 17:22:18 CET 2020

It sounds like you want the PDF to have it appear as a package
vignette.  You can use the R.rsp::asis vignette engine
(https://cran.r-project.org/package=R.rsp) to add static PDFs as
vignettes to your package.  The PDF is included as-is during the
package *build* process (R CMD build) like other package vignettes and
you don't have to LaTeX or other tools installed.  See
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/R.rsp/vignettes/R_packages-Static_PDF_and_HTML_vignettes.pdf
for instructions.

/Henrik
(disclaim: I'm the author)