[R-pkg-devel] Manual inspection of a new CRAN submission

Wed Dec 18 23:50:27 CET 2019

On 18/12/2019 5:01 p.m., Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Today I submitted a package to CRAN, and after correcting some NOTEs,
> I got the following automatic message:
>
> "package mypackage_0.1-2.tar.gz has been auto-processed and is pending
> a manual inspection of this new CRAN submission. A CRAN team member
> will typically respond to you within the next 10 working days. For
> technical reasons you may receive a second copy of this message when a
> team member triggers a new check."
>

> Could somebody give a short explanation about what type of checkings
> are made in this "manual inspection" ?

Basically they're checking whether you are following the guidelines at
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html.  Not all of those
things can be checked automatically, and many people claim to be
following them when they actually are not.