[R-pkg-devel] DOI in of package in DESCRIPTION file

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Dec 16 15:56:41 CET 2019

On 16.12.2019 15:34, Rainer M Krug wrote:
> Hi
>
> UI am preparing my package for CRAN. I have a DOI for my package, and would like to add Ito the DESCRIPTION file.
>
> At the moment, I am adding
>
> 	DOI: https://zenodo.org/record/3229615

This is not a DOI, the DOI is actually

10.5281/zenodo.3229615

and we do not have a field fo it, but you can cite it within the
Description field and link to it via a sentence and DOI such as:

"See R.M. Krug and O. Petchey (2019) <DOI:10.5281/zenodo.3229615>."

Best,
Uwe Ligges