[R-pkg-devel] Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘CATkit’ in namespaceExport

Cathy Lee Gierke |eeg|001 @end|ng |rom umn@edu
Fri Dec 13 19:22:25 CET 2019

I am doing the check to build my package:

R CMD check --as-cran CATkit_3.3.9.tar.gz

I get this error:

* checking whether package ‘CATkit’ can be installed ... ERROR

Installation failed.

See ‘/Users/user/CATkit/CATkit.Rcheck/00install.out’ for details.

* DONE

The log file says:
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘CATkit’ in namespaceExport(ns,
exports):
 undefined exports: CatCall, CATCosinor, CATpmc, CATparam
Error: loading failed
Execution halted

R console says:
Saving functions and data ...
Error in package.skeleton(name = "CATkit", path = "~/CATkit") :
  generic functions and other S4 objects (e.g., 'CatCall') cannot be
dumped; use the 'code_files' argument

When I check my R folder, many functions from the package are missing.  So
the copy is failing.  But the 1st file not copied appears to be in the
expected location....

It has been working until just now, and suddenly I get this.
Any suggestions where I should look?  Rseek.org doesn't show me any results
with code_files, nor does R help.

Cathy Lee Gierke

“Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
*George Bernard Shaw*

“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
*Albert Einstein*

<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/23924.Martin_Luther_King_Jr_>