[R-pkg-devel] Cannot find -ludev

Sameh M. Abdulah @@meh@@bdu|@h @end|ng |rom k@u@t@edu@@@
Mon Dec 9 10:34:19 CET 2019

Sorry for the short question :).

My package requires libudev.so library which exists on Fedora Linux be default and I think it is not provided by Debian. My question is, did anyone use it before on CRAN it I need to ask the CRAN team to install it for me.

Note: my package is running only on Unix systems.

�Sameh

________________________________
From: Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz>
Sent: Monday, December 9, 2019 12:30 PM
To: Sameh M. Abdulah; r-package-devel using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Cannot find -ludev

On 9/12/19 9:25 pm, Sameh M. Abdulah wrote:

> I am getting this error on CRAN,
>

> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ludev

This is about as cryptic as I can recall ever seeing in the way of
requests for help. I think you will need to supply just a *little*
more detail (!!! :-) ) in order to have any hope of getting a useful
response. I, at least, have no idea what you are talking about. It is
possible, of course, that other, more enlightened, readers of this list
may understand immediately.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--