[R-pkg-devel] Package write access for storing new files

Dr Gregory Jefferis je||er|@ @end|ng |rom mrc-|mb@c@m@@c@uk
Fri Dec 6 11:50:37 CET 2019

Possibly you can use the rappdirs location *if it exists* and tempdir()
otherwise. You could make the rappdirs location when running the shiny
app. Since the user has to do something to run the app, this is probably
ok. I think the problem is that loading the package itself cannot result
in a data download outside tempdir().

Best,

Greg.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD                   Tel: +44 1223 267048
Division of Neurobiology

http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/group-leaders/h-to-m/g-jefferis
http://jefferislab.org
http://www.zoo.cam.ac.uk/research/groups/connectomics