[R-pkg-devel] Package write access for storing new files

Rainer M Krug R@|ner @end|ng |rom krug@@de
Fri Dec 6 09:43:48 CET 2019

Hi

I am writing a package which downloads files which become part of the package (only useful for functions in the package and independent of the working directory) into

	system.file("installedSchemes", package = "dmdScheme")

(See https://github.com/Exp-Micro-Ecol-Hub/dmdScheme/blob/b97e7b5ef116476e065aeec1da1050eecbd6adf7/R/scheme_install.R#L71-L75 for the function).

I know that is regulated for R packages, but I can’t find it.

Is this allowed for R packages? Will this be allowed for CRAN?

I would prefer not to allow custom paths here, as it would complicate things.

Thanks,

Rainer

Orcid ID: 0000-0002-7490-0066

Department of Evolutionary Biology and Environmental Studies
University of Zürich
Office Y34-J-74
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8075 Zürich